Let's lay out the process of uploading so you know what being an uploader looks and feels like before diving in.
- Choosing how users view you: we'll ask you to choose the primary way you identify. You'll see this primary identifier on all your video cover art.
As an option you may add additional identifiers. These additional identifiers will be visible at the top of your biography and within the description of all of your videos.
- Photos and Biography: we’ll collect two photographs to be used in your graphics. Professional or professional-looking shots are recommended. We also recommend that at least one of your photos show the upper half of your body, as this usually works better in creating your cover art. You will then copy and paste your biography when prompted.
- Selecting how you want your video revenue used: as an artist-relief project, we provide the option to earn video revenue for yourself, sent to you each month by transfer. Alternatively, you can choose to forward your video proceeds to help other artists by selecting the CLICKCOACH Assistance Fund option. The setting you choose applies to all of your videos but may be changed quarterly using our update/change form.
- Video categories: works and topics will fall into one of these categories from which you will choose:
- Video audience, language, and video category information: users will want to know if a video is right for them, so we’ll ask you about your video audience (who your video is made for), the language in which your video is recorded, and you’ll be asked for information specific to the category you chose. This info appears below your video and will be found in various search options.
- Keywords: The last important piece of the puzzle…how will users search for topics you cover in your video? This is where key search words play a big role, as they’re the "behind-the-scenes" secret of online searches. When you’ve finished recording your video, just watch through your video once, jotting down any topics—big or small—that you cover in your video. We'll connect these words to your video so your video pops up when one of those words is searched. We provide a long suggestion list for ideas and guidance, or you may input the words on your own.
- Uploading your video file: Be sure to check out our Step-by-Step Guide for the technical requirements for your video. Depending on the size of your video and your internet connection, the uploading process may take several minutes.